Before I joined the Government Digital Service, I hacked together some Local Government news feeds into RSS. I did this under the guise of LocalGovBot.
I basically looked at each local authority’s website and catalogued some of their digital output. You can view the work so far in this spread sheet.
After Housing Camp, I was inspired to see how I could present these in a readable format. As I’d been banging on about automation, I decided to use If This Then That + an app that would work on desktop and mobile devices.
The collected feeds are shared via Google Reader (which will be switched off in July 2013). Using If This Then That, I selected an existing recipe to push news items in Pocket.
Hit me up if you want to know more.
1. Jon Foster is a born leader
2. Thames Valley Housing Association have great offices
3. There is a real need for further UK housing unconferences
4. Universal Credit will impact rent arrears if we don’t start help tenants now
5. Sounds like the Reflective Practice & Imaginarium sessions were, er, fascinating
6. Lloyd Davies is great at setting the unconference scene for newbies
7. Post-session drinks in a pub are a must
8. I miss working in housing
9. I’ve learnt so much
10. I have so much to learn.
See my online session grid via http://j.mp/housingcamp
Check out http://housingcamp.org for more.